Friday 9 April 2010

Day 9 To Sandwich and on to Folkestone

The country lanes of Kent were marvellous. Sandwich looked like it would have been worth spending time on but I shot on through to pick up the golf course toll road to Deal. There seemed to be a large number of Astons and Bentleys parked up along the way but oddly the drivers' heads turned to watch the Glyde go past..
In Deal after a photo op with another pier i found a cafe for late breakfast.

At Kingsdown i was tempted by a national cyclenetwork route to Dover but having been caught that way before I followed the roads.
The descent into Dover past the castle was rather special. As was the evil climb back out on the B road to Folkestone. I stopped at the cliff top cafe for refreshments before a lively descent int Folkestone and the Little Switzerland campsite. And it really is. On the cliffs and everything on a different level. The fir trees just finish the look.
Today was just 30 miles or so with 3000ft of climb I'll check when I get my GPS back from reception where it is charging.
Tomorrow on to Hastings....

No comments:

Post a Comment