Saturday 3 April 2010

Day 3 Walcott to erm... South of southwold

65 miles
North East Norfolk was nice and quiet but the roads were poor. The beach was on it for a while. Lots of "say no to sea eagles" but I didn't see a single one to talk to. Poppy land cafe near Horsey was great. I kept to the A12 past Yarmouth as it was full as indicated by the queues of stationary traffic but there was a cycle lane to cruise past it all. Used a bit of cycle path and a mile later had my first flat... Hmmm...
Lowestoft was in monsoon. Hail. Rain. More rain. At 2:30 arrived at my first potential campsite but decided 47 miles wasn't really far enough. Southwold was also full. and I was pretty tired on the drag out to the campsite in the middle of nowhere. But at least it has a pub next to it.

1 comment:

  1. Ey up Rob, I've found you, so I'll be tuning in and checking on you.

    Caroline x

    ReplyDelete