Saturday 16 January 2010

Time is getting short...

The good news is that I've been out riding several times since the new year without any problems. Only 10 miles at time so far, but after Friday afternoon's ride I had my GTX in to give it a bit of a service and fit new parts and it is ready to go. Saturday is looking rather damp and dismal and I'm feeling tired. Sunday is forecast to be sunny so I plan on taking the GTX out for a longer run tomorrow. I plan to head up towards the Derbyshire Dales, somewhere I've not cycled for over a year...
In the post today came a tarp. It is a very minimalist shelter weighing little more than a couple of mars bars and it mainly provides head cover making the use of a bivvy bag more pleasant. This is 'Plan B' for if there are any problems with the tent. In reasonable weather it could become 'Plan A' as it will be far quicker and easier to pitch than the tent...
Once I've got a few more miles in my legs (and hopefully it starts to look a little more like spring) I guess I need to get my camping gear together and start trying some overnight stays to put this gear through its paces. For now, with the threat of snow I'll hang fire on that idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment